Mondays always bring lots of inquiries after the weekend. The simple, "How was your weekend?" can easily be met with a noncommittal, "good" or "nice." I'm sure I responded that way numerous times today. But as I look at it, really? This was a HAPPY weekend. I was honestly just brimming with happiness for most of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It was just great! And I'm going to disappoint everyone because there wasn't any real reason. There wasn't anything so extraordinarily out of the ordinary to explain it.Friday was 8th Grade Physics Lagoon Day. I consider it the best day of the entire school year--or at least one of the best! I get paid to chaperone a busload of students to Farmington. Then we get in for free, get a free t-shirt, a free lunch, and a free chance to work on the summer tan. What's not to love?! I invited Brice along and he proved to be a great Lagoon companion. We rode the new coaster, Wicked, and man was it! That coaster is wicked awesome! Ride it. Love it.
The exhaustion set in by the time we got back to town, though. So Friday night was spent eating leftover lasagna and then falling asleep in front of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Still? I love that movie. And I love leftover lasagna. It was great...
Saturday morning I ran a 5K--my first in over a year. The pace was pretty fast, but I'm pleased I set a new Personal Record, coming in at 29:01. Not too shabby! And I got a free t-shirt out of the whole deal. Really, I'm just in it for the shirt so I can't complain. Most of the family ran the race, so we headed to Mom and Dad's afterward for a big brunch. The irony is that we probably consumed at least twice the number of calories we burned in the run, but oh well. Mom's scrapple and Dad's hashbrowns are AWESOME. I'm not going to complain. Tasty, tasty! Making brunch and cleaning up took quite a while. I didn't get back to my place until almost 2:00 and by then I was tired again. Have you been to hulu.com? I love it. And I connected there to watch two episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer before cleaning my room. I vacuumed! (I love to vacuum...its a sickness.) I watched three more episodes of Buffy (at least) and taste-tested Snocones with Erin before calling it a night. Zzzzz...
Sunday was delightful, as always. Church was great. Brice and I went to dinner at the Hatch's after and had a great time. The food is always good, and the company is even better. We hung out for a while at my place after and then watched an episode of some crazy awesome Japanese TV show. I can't begin to describe it, but it rocks. And I can't wait to watch another episode--I'm such a nerdy TV addict, its disgusting. Oh well...
The weekend was great, which totally rocks. Life is good, you know? Good. Good. Good. And I'm happy about that.

1 comments:
And I am happy for you. Vacuuming is a sickness we share. I am trying to stash away enough money to buy a really nice vacuum. I would just love a dyson....
I don't know how or when I became such a domestic nerd.
Post a Comment