1. Purchasing My Very Own Condo: I bought my very own place in 2010. I started the process in February and closed in April. I've been living here since the beginning of May and really just love it. I recognize this is a HUGE milestone in life, so it could rightly take up more than one space on the Top Ten List. But it won't.
2. Achieved National Board Certification: Working on National Boards made the 2009 Top Ten because it was such an overwhelming, time-consuming thing. But in 2010 I not only finished the process--I also passed. I am officially a National Board Certified Teacher as of November 2010, and if you don't know how awesome that is...I'm here to tell you that IT IS.
3. Two Weeks in the Big Apple: Two years ago I did two weeks on the East Coast--splitting my time between NYC and Charlottesville, VA. This year it was all NYC, all the time. I spent
4. Last Day at SHMS: I accepted a new position at the District Offices (starting Jan. 3rd!), so I had to say goodbye to my friends and students at SHMS. Its a truly bittersweet thing--I've been teaching there since I graduated from college, and like to think I was becoming something of an Institution in the Social Studies Department. But...onward and upward, right? New adventures await in 2011, and some doors closed in 2010.
5. Audra McDonald at Hale Center Theater-Orem: I can't deny that the opportunity to see Ms. Audra McDonald in 110 in the Shade was one of the best moments of my year. She is electric and talented and really a wonder to see. I feel so lucky to have been in the audience for one night. A-mazing.
6. Second Job: In March I accepted a position at a local night school for GED candidates. I work one night a week, teaching high school-level US History to an eclectic group of learners. Its pretty good pay for a teacher, and it gives me opportunity to teach material I otherwise wouldn't. I still might complain--now and again--about working one night a week, but in reality I know its a great blessing to have such a great gig.
7. A New Ward: After moving into my condo, and after 5 years in the University 16th Ward, I moved my records to the Singles Ward in my area. It was a little scary at first, but the members of my new ward are AWESOME to the MAX. And I love it. My first calling--Ward Music Chair. What can I say? Its what I do. In every ward. Oh well--just happy to serve!
8. Year of the Cookie: Looking back I realized I spent a good number of hours/days this year
seeking out and trying the best cookies I could find. My posts from NYC made this pretty clear (Oh Levain! How I love you!), and I also perused numerous bakers in the SLC area to find scrumptious baked delights. My local heart currently belongs to SmartCookie, but I'm always on the lookout to be swayed. It just hasn't happened yet.9. MacBook: I bought my very own laptop this year. This past week, in fact! I feel so grown-up making such a big purchase. But more than that...I feel awesome. And my MacBook is really just SOOOO pretty!
10. The "27 in my 27th Year" List: I can't deny that my year has been rather caught up in working through the 27 goals I gave myself in February. A number of "updates" are actually long overdue (I'll get on those when I can!), and I am starting to realize that some will not be achieved by Feb. 22nd. However, I know my life was very much enriched this year in my pursuit of crossing things off this year-long "Bucket List." A few notable AWESOME things brought on by the list:
- Making new friends like Jen, Colette, James, and Skyler
- Taking a class and learning to Swing Dance
- Roadtrippin' to California with Greg and Caryn
- Running 5Ks, 10Ks, and one Half-Marathon
- Camping with the Fam
Cookie Pic here.

0 comments:
Post a Comment