Bless them.
So I thought I'd share a few of them with all of you. Merry Christmas, from my students to you!
Q: Who were the important people on the British side of the war? Name at least 3.
A: "Corn Walish"
A: "Nathaniel Greene; Calvin Klein"
A: "The three important people were George Washington."
Q: What was the last battle of the Revolutionary War?
A: "Battle of the Titans"
Q: How did the British Parliament respond to the Boston Tea Party?
A: "They were very upset because they were getting better ideas."
A: "Corn Walish"
A: "Nathaniel Greene; Calvin Klein"
A: "The three important people were George Washington."
Q: What was the last battle of the Revolutionary War?
A: "Battle of the Titans"
Q: How did the British Parliament respond to the Boston Tea Party?
A: "They were very upset because they were getting better ideas."
[I assume the second "they" means the people of Boston...?]
Q: What happened at the Boston Massacre?
A: "Benedict Arnold went around the city warning people that the British were coming."
Q: What were the major difficulties facing the Continental Army?
A: “Continental Army had a peninsula that they were on.”
A: “Never stopped coming (popping in)”
[The answer did, in fact, include the mysterious parenthetical statement just as I typed it.]
Q: How did colonists react to the Stamp Act?
A: "They formed the brothers and sisters of liberty."
A: "They protested and picked up arms."
Q: Describe what happened at the Battle of Trenton and include who won.
A: “George Washington's men put fireworks on for the other side to think they were still partying but they actually snuck over the Delaware River and attacked them."
[And THAT'S why we celebrate Independence Day with fireworks! But...not really.]
A: “I think Trenton had won the battle between Lexington.”
A: “I think it was when George crossed the ? River and attacked the British…surprise. The Continental Army did.”
[Do you love how they're on a first name basis with Mr. Washington? I do.]
A: “George Washington snook up on the Hessiens when it was Xmas”
A: “The Americans won! It was epic!”
A: “The British made Washington retreat. The Americans went across the Delaware River and it became a painting**. Washington won.”
Q: How did the Revolutionary War change America?
A: "The Revolutionary war changed America by helping its people know that one by one they suck but united they can rock the world wide."
[Let it be noted that this is the last question on the test, and I think the student in question had reached a breaking point since he'd only attempted answers on 8 of the 21 questions. Thus I'm sure in some ways the Revolutionary War does make him feel like he sucks. He doesn't suck, though I must confess his grasp of American history could probably be classified as 'sucky.']
And, with no further adieu, my absolute favorite!
Q: What year was the Declaration of Independence signed?
A: Benjamin Franklin
What else is there to say? Goodnight, and Good luck.
A: "The Revolutionary war changed America by helping its people know that one by one they suck but united they can rock the world wide."
[Let it be noted that this is the last question on the test, and I think the student in question had reached a breaking point since he'd only attempted answers on 8 of the 21 questions. Thus I'm sure in some ways the Revolutionary War does make him feel like he sucks. He doesn't suck, though I must confess his grasp of American history could probably be classified as 'sucky.']
And, with no further adieu, my absolute favorite!
Q: What year was the Declaration of Independence signed?
A: Benjamin Franklin
What else is there to say? Goodnight, and Good luck.


4 comments:
A-MA-ZING. These MUST go into a book someday. Or a stand-up comedy routine.
Ah, yes...the year of Benjamin Franklin...I hear it was a good one!
this seriously made my day. these are the reasons I do not teach, but probably should. :)
I disagree with this student. The year in which the Declaration of Independence was signed was George Washington (one of the three). I know this because history is my specialty.
Post a Comment