Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mucho Love to These

Its Christmas time. I've probably never been busier in a holiday season than this year, and thus the lack of posts all month long. But despite my absence from the Blogosphere, I have been alive and doing what I do best--organizing, shopping, and eating. Mostly in that order. So may I share a few things I adore about the holidays? Mainly those things that fall into that last category of my life--eating--but maybe a few more.They're only available at Christmas Time. And I love them. Candy Cane Tootsie Pops. DELISH! I took some to the WJHS Christmas Concert Thursday night for our own personal "concessions" at intermission. Yummy yum yum! They can be a little hard to find. I got mine at Target, for all you putting them on your shopping lists now.

Clementines. They're brilliant. Small and delicious. Sweetness with no seeds. Has anyone ever put the ENTIRE thing in your mouth at once? I've been tempted many a time, but generally side with not looking gross, and savoring each individual section. Only problem with the smallness of clementines is how fast they disappear into my mouth. But then, they're so small, you really can be okay to eat two. Or more. At a time.

I experienced my first Ugly Sweater Party this season. Ours was a Non-Denominational Ugly Sweater Pie Social, because let's be honest--adding pie to anything makes it better and its the Christian thing to do at Christmas to welcome people of all holiday persuasions. (Our party only attracted MORMONS, in case you were wondering.) Ugly Sweaters were displayed; pie was consumed; fun was had. Its a good time. If you don't have an Ugly Sweater--keep your eyes out. I'd suggest looking at Savers. I think every holiday season needs at least one gathering of ugly, yet cozy, sweater style. And really, there's still time for you to join in the fugly festivities this year. Get plannin' peeps!

Settebello Pizza in Salt Lake City is amazing. This marks the second Christmas Season in a row I've ventured downtown to eat there with friends, and I am hereby declaring it a Christmas Tradition. Its so good that I know I'll be keeping this part of Christmas with me all through the year, but still. So so so good. I love it. A lot. Its the kind of pizza you eat until you're full, but your mouth still wants to eat more and more. And given the opportunity you would readily ignore your full stomach and dive in for more. Best pizza I've ever had. Hands down. Love it.

Last Christmas Elisa gifted me this fabulous little book by David Sedaris--Holidays on Ice. I finally got around to reading it this holiday season, and enjoyed it quite thoroughly. The first story is my favorite Sedaris piece--"The Santaland Diaries," but I found a new one I'm obsessed with--"Six to Eight Black Men." Do yourself a favor and take 10-15 minutes to listen to Mr. Sedaris read it himself. Its awesome. Consider this link to the video a holiday gift from me to you.

Enjoy the Holiday Season!

1 comments:

Elisa said...

I think you look ADORABLE in that ugly sweater picture. Also, I'm just finishing up Sedaris's book, too. "Santaland Diaries" is amazing.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com