Monday, June 30, 2008

The Ugly Cry

Don't you hate when you go to a movie with a group of people, and at some point in the movie you start to cry, but you don't want to cry because you're with this group of people, and so you hold back the tears as much as possible, resulting in a snotty nose, tears you couldn't hold back--which welled up (as you tried to hold them back) and had time to soak your mascara to such an extent that by the time the tears did spill over your mascara is running amok--and a pounding headache?

Yeah, me too.

The headache seems to be the most lasting part. The nose you can blow and the mascara smears can be washed away, but that pounding headache? Its going to last.

I have a headache tonight, but it was worth it. Went downtown to see the Joseph Smith movie with my ward. Love it. I cry every time, and feel like a complete mess by the time I exit out to the lobby. But worth it--a great movie about a great man. Haven't seen it yet? Click here to find out more. You'll be glad you did.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I love that this post is labeled "mascara". That is a great movie. I always feel so bad for Emma.

Arianne said...

I hate it when I'm trying not to cry but I'm required to say something so I sound like a goat.
That's all.

*Aliese* said...

I don't know about you, but EVERY TIME I cry it's ugly! Hence the reason there aren't many "testimony moments" for me...Unless it's girl's camp. I can TOTALLY look ugly at girl's camp.

Meredith said...

Great movie! Like Anna, I too feel bad for Emma. Everytime I see it I think how hard that must have been for her. (Sigh)

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com