Monday night my head cold decided to become a raging storm of nastiness. I felt gross and incredibly unattractive. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and loaded up on a 3-quart jug of Orange Juice, and a can of frozen pineapple juice concentrate. I went straight to bed to begin my "Get Over a Cold in 24 Hours" regimen.
Now, it sucks to get sick during summer break. Really. There's something just not right about that. But all the same--I had to admit I was sick. The good thing about getting sick during summer break is that I have an excuse--and the time--to lay in bed for the day. That was key to the regimen.
For any of you unlucky enough to get a raging head cold, here's the basic formula:
1. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep.
2. Juice, juice, and more juice.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as often as possible in a 24 hour period.
(I drank the entire 3 quarts of Orange Juice and then some...)
Everyone's body chemistry is different, but I can report an almost 180 degree turnaround from where I was Monday night. This morning I woke up with actual energy and I've been running around on various errands all day long.
I don't know if it will help anyone else, but I really do find that allowing myself to O.D. on O.J., with lots of sleep in between, brings these bouts of nastiness to a close quicker than many other possible routes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I too have a ridiculous cold. Parallel lives, my friend! I'm not working tomorrow and plan to put the sleep/juice remedy into action...
I can second this!!! That's what I do too. I drink ask much orange juice as my body will physically let me and stay in bed as long as possible.
Post a Comment