Sunday, June 8, 2008

I have been changed for the better

I think I live a really blessed life. I often find myself complaining about one thing or another, but really I shouldn't. Life is good! I was pondering this idea today in the shower--I do some of my best thinking there, actually. It began like this...

I'm on summer break and I'm loving it! I've had at least two people express their jealousy at my 3 months of freedom with the comment, "You're so lucky. Maybe I should have been a teacher." HA! I assure them that only in June do people envy my position. Where's the jealousy in the middle of April with year-end testing on the horizon and kids going crazy with Spring fever?! Yeah...that's what I thought. Anyway, the 3 months of "freedom" really is splendid (and well-earned as all teachers can attest!!), so I feel blessed for that reason. But my life as a teacher has also given me some awesome opportunities. Last summer I got to spend almost a month living in Hawaii and it was just SO good. I really can't put into words the glory that was June 2007...amazing. And then 5 days after I got home, I headed off for my England adventure with the Disney Fam. How lucky am I?! I realize that my profession allows me to have these sorts of travel adventures.

The fact that I'm relatively single (and I was absolutely single last summer) also allows these adventures--which I consider blessings. That fact sort of hit in me in the face a few days ago. I've spent so many years bemoaning my single existence--at least privately--and now I realize the blessings that came with it! This summer I'm headed to Seattle, San Francisco, and The Commonwealth of Virginia and I'm really looking forward to the new memories. My life as a teacher, and as a "relatively single" young woman, has given me such opportunity. Its really quite humbling.

My life is also incredible because I have connected with some truly awesome people in life. I thought about making a list of people and how they've impacted me--one by one--but I think it would take much too long, and it would probably be more suited to my personal journal than this Blog. But so many of my friends/family/acquaintances have helped me learn something or gain a new understanding of life. I feel very blessed when I take time to contemplate the impact of good people on my life.

I'm blessed abundantly, because of the Gospel. For those who don't know me closely, I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Being a member of the church has impacted everything really, in my life. The way I live my life, who I choose to associate with, and how I make decisions. Sometimes late at night I lay in bed and just feel overwhelmed by the fact that I know why I'm here, where I am going, and what my purpose is on Earth. So many millions of people the world over don't know that--and I do. How blessed am I? Its an awesome feeling.

So taking this all into consideration, I'm feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude--to God, to people, to life in general--on this fine Sunday morning. Life is good, and all these experiences and situations and wonderful people, have definitely impacted my life...for good.

1 comments:

Elisa said...

Hmm, so I blogged about pretty much this exact same thing right around this exact same time. We must be on the same wavelength. :D

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com