Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Giving Up

I am not Catholic, but I've decided to give up sugar in observation of Lent this year. I'm taking this on for two reasons. First, after reading up on Lent and what the point of it is--I'm kind of a fan. There's goodness behind it, and I support goodness. Secondly, I'm apparently all over a new challenge these days.

So far I'm not finding it as difficult as I'd imagined. I've got a couple good friends who have also taken it upon themselves to part ways with our dear friend, Sugar, until Easter. Its nice to know you're not in it alone. The hardest part of the day is the afternoon, post-lunch, while I'm still at work. But overall--its good. I've cleared my cupboards of all temptations (i.e. chocolate chips, candy, cookies, etc.) and restocked with fruit and healthy...stuff. Let's just hope I'm not sick of applesauce by the time Easter rolls around!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Way to go. I could never do it; ice cream is a staple product in my life.

RSP said...

I gave up chocolate one year for Lent. I made it! It wasn't bad after a few days. For a chocolate lover like me, I admit that I am proud.

Arianne said...

Impressive. And, it's good timing--when you're finished after Easter all of the Easter candy will be on sale.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com