Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Most Excellent

Mondays have a bad reputation. In movies, songs, and regular conversation, we talk bad about Monday. Is it really Monday's fault that the work week's commencement falls on it? I don't think so. And after yesterday's brilliance, I am more inclined to look fondly on Monday.

I had a Conference up in Salt Lake on teaching the Holocaust. Thus...I did not have to teach. My sub covered my classes while I went to the McGillis school and got some awesome teaching ideas at a conference that ended at 12:30. Yes, folks, 12:30. I worked for 4 1/2 hours--during which they fed me and gave me free stuff. Excellent!

I stopped at Wendy's on 1300 East for a quick bite. I got 7 nuggets in my 5-piece. Excelente!

I took my car to the mechanic's shop. Justin looked at my car, lubed a couple of places and declared it "fine"--and didn't charge me a thing. MOST EXCELLENT!

Then I had all afternoon to do my laundry, clean the bathroom and my bedroom, and even clean out my closets of two BIG bags full of clothes that don't fit and/or I don't wear. SWEET EXCELLENCE!

Dinner was at Mom's (free food!) and I watched Get Smart at FHE. Mucho Excelente!!

Overall, a most excellent day. I vow to praise Monday's name for at least a week.

6 comments:

*Aliese* said...

That does sound like an excellent Monday! I commend you for having the gumption to praise it for at least a week. That's a difficult task (usually).

Arianne said...

That is a good day!

Meredith said...

Crazy as it is...I actually like Monday a whole lot! No complaints on my end. 7 pieces in your 5-piece meal? That never happens! I always secretly hope it does though.

RSP said...

Ever heard of Rainy Days and Mondays always getting you down?

On my mission we changed it to Sunny Days and Tuesdays.... Mondays were P days which made Tuesdays the beginning of our week. Plus it was Phoenix in the summer hence sun=death. I still like Mondays and I'm glad you had a great day!

Becky Knowles said...

I'll count any day as a good day if I get 6 in my 4 piece meal! WAHOO!

Anonymous said...

What a happy day!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com