Friday, March 13, 2009

Dream On

I've been having weird dreams lately. Three times in the past week or so I have dreamed about absentmindedly eating treats and then feeling insane amounts of guilt about the consumption. One time the treat was gummy scottie dogs from Dylan's Candy Store in NYC. I love those. But this sort of mental nighttime weirdness I can explain--I've been abstaining from sugar and the diet change can start to wear on you. I just miss it! Cupcakes. Cookies. Toasted Almond Ice Cream from Leatherby's with Hot Fudge on the side. Oh buddy...

I'm actually doing well with my Lent observations. I don't crave treats--just miss them. In fact, I made cookies on Wednesday without taking a single taste of dough, finished cookie, or even snitching a chocolate chip. What can I say? I'm a rockstar.

But back to the weird dreams. I had a dream about Matthew Gray Gubler from TV's Criminal Minds. I told him I'm a fan of his show and he gave me a giant hug--like I'd just made his entire life worth something again. And the night after that I know I dreamed about John Stamos. I don't really remember what happened, but I'm sure it was something droll...

Tonight I'd like to dream about sleeping. Dreaming about sleeping is like getting a double rest in one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are funny dreams. I must say I am completely amazed that you made cookies without eating them, that is just way beyond my willpower capacity. Way to go!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com