Monday, October 6, 2008

Watch me Ramble!

The public bathroom sinks at my school are motion activated. Its really rather nice. You just stand in front of it and the water turns on. Its not nice, however, when you are leaning over to pick something up and the water comes on and sprays your back. I hope it dries quickly...

During Smith’s recent Caselot Sale, I loaded up on tomato soup. Campbell’s. (M'm! M'm! Good!). I fell in love with tomato soup in high school. Becky, Derek, and I would get together and have tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I don’t remember why we picked this meal, how it became our traditional lunch, or when it even happened. I just know I love tomato soup and I have some lovely memories that involve this tasty, simple soup. Anyway, I had tomato soup for lunch today. It was good. No grilled cheese sandwich, but that’s okay.

General Conference this weekend was A-mazing. I loved it! I got a lot of really good thoughts out of it. Going into the weekend, I decided to try and focus on things I could do right now to improve myself. I don’t know if anyone else was looking for counsel like this but WOW! It was all over the place! Last night I went back through my journal/notes and highlighted the “Do this”-type counsel. I have much to work on, and I’m so excited about it. I felt like there was a real focus on expressing gratitude and I’m going to try and do better with it this week especially.

This entire weekend was actually pretty fantastic. In between Conference session, I spent some delightful quality time with friends and family. I saw Eagle Eye on the IMAX (worth at least one viewing—pretty intense), made sweet rolls (YUM!), taught Meredith to crochet (woot!), played some intense rounds of Nerts (sp?), and even cleaned my room (yay…). Not much to complain about here. In fact, I’d go back and do it all again. Really.

Last thought for today’s post…anonymity. This Blog is sort of anonymous in name only. I’m pretty sure most people who read my random ramblings know exactly who I am. I don’t really try to hide who I am, either. Despite all of this, the name “Felicity” gives me some false sense of anonymity when writing. I don’t usually write things that would be a problem for anyone to read—and if I do, I change names “to protect the innocent” or to amuse myself by making up a code name—but learning a real-life acquaintance reads my Blog always takes me by surprise. The funniest thing is that my initial reaction is almost always mild panic. “What have I written about?! Have I written about them?! Do I need to delete a post?!” My panic usually gives way quickly to flattery that they would take the time to read my personal “stuff and things,” but there you go. Anyway, thanks to all of my readers—those known to me and those who are just stopping in for a quick glance. I hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

RSP said...

So I would like to know who this "John Stamos" is that reads your blog???

Arianne said...

I'm reading your blog...so quit posting mean things about me.

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nerts”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Becky Knowles said...

So, I just consumed an entire can of Campbell's Tomato soup all by myself and I thought of you. GOOD TIMES!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com