I put another blanket on my bed last night. The air was getting chillier, and I enjoy sleeping warm. I awoke this morning to the sound of windshields being scraped and I wanted to curl into a little ball underneath that extra blanket and never come out. I think I even considered crying for a moment. Winter is here, apparently, and we never even got to enjoy autumn. I feel cheated somehow.
In the midst of my angry under-the-blanket ponderings on why Mother Nature would be so cruel, another sound reached my ears. The neighbor's children had spied the snowfall and were ecstatic. Through the shrill cries and shouts of happiness, I finally dragged myself out of bed to see for myself.
There was no snow on the streets, but rather a light "magical" skiff of snow on cars and lawns. The kids were hurriedly wiping snow off the car and making small snowballs to toss at one another. My mood began to bounce back slightly--especially in the wake of the kids' excitement. I hate snow. But if its going to snow, I'd prefer it stays off the roads and on the grass like its supposed to.
Currently...its snowing again. I can see why some people will be happy about this--little people who aren't old enough to drive and only see the snow as a magical winter playground. But I see a future--maybe not today, but soon--of slow traffic inching along, 180 degree spin outs on major roadways, and bitterly cold mornings of scraping the windshield before the sun rises.
Oh goody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sheesh, by the time January comes you'll be ready to fly south....I think I know just the place;)
I miss snow.
I don't like snow either. The bitter biting cold of the winter air. Brr!! Not looking forward to it.
So, my air-conditioning broke down about two weeks ago... we had a week of open windows and fans, and now I'm thinking about pulling out the heater. The air-conditioning should be fixed today. Heh.
Post a Comment