After dessert, we headed to the Gateway 8 Cinemas. The theater is behind a shopping center and looks rather woebegone and forgotten. But still, the prices were set high for Saturday night viewings. Now, I know that paying $7.75 for a weekend show isn’t extraordinary in many parts of the country, or even the world, but it sure seems like a lot of money to pay at a Podunk Bountiful theater. I’m just sayin’…

We saw Penelope—the new show starring Christina Ricci, the always brilliant Catherine O’Hara, and James McAvoy. And yes, that’s why I wanted to see it. It did get good reviews too...there's more to it than just eye candy. Anyway, I loved this movie. Go see it. All of you. Its heartwarming! It has an awesome message about loving yourself for who you are, and right with that, loving others for who they are and not for their physical appearance. Or if you’re as shallow as me, go see this movie for James McAvoy’s jeans. They’re brilliant. And really, going to see Penelope for James McAvoy’s jeans might not be an entirely bad thing.
Example: 5 or 6 years ago my friend, Michelle, suggested I take in the Hugh Grant film, About a Boy solely to enjoy looking at Hugh Grant in a great pair of jeans. I saw the film. The jeans were brilliant. But it also turned out that I loved the rest of the film too. See? Go for the jeans and get some movie magic as well. Win-Win-Win. So go see Penelope. The jeans almost make the $7.75 worth it.
After the movie we got dinner at Pei Wei*. Before our meals were delivered, we opened our fortune cookies and shared the fortunes out loud—adding in the appropriate ending to make the game fun. Mariah’s was something about finding unconventional solutions (absolutely too funny with the Fortune Cookie game. HA!). I really liked mine, with and without the fun ending. It said, “Don’t give up. The best is yet to come.” How true…
The night ended with Mariah and me passing out in front of Beauty and the Beast. Well, Mariah passed out. I just sort of dozed.
Add in the beginning of Daylight Savings Time and this was one LATE evening! But oh so fun. Keith and Mariah? You guys rock my world. Let's play again soon!
*I saw Dave Fox, the sportscaster, enjoying his meal. That makes 2 Utah celebrities in two days—I saw Rulon Gardner at the Rascal Flatts concert Friday night. Utah celebrities—the best kind.

6 comments:
AMEN! All praise JMcA's jeans! I liked the movie, too - Christina Ricci has always seemed to me to be a little hit-and-miss with characters I like, but I thought she was just darling in this one. And the kiss....! (Swoonage!)
Every day's a good day with Nielsen's. Hallelujah.
You went to Rascal Flatts? And saw a movie? Your life is 2000 times more exciting than mine.
Who is this guy? Seriously Felicity, don't go after these flash-in-the-pan one hit wonders. This chump will be gone faster than that homo from the OC. I say, look good in your jeans for three strait decades and then we will talk. Speaking of us talking... Hit me up... Seriously...
I couldn't be more hurt.
Did you know that there's a Neilsens in SLC? Just thought I'd pass that tidbit along. 3900 S. and Highland Dr.
Post a Comment