First, I took a couple days off work last week and one of those was spent cleaning out and organizing the condo. UNNECESSARY BACK-STORY STRAIGHT AHEAD: When I moved into this little abode last year, I had two rooms to spare. One room (hereafter known as "The Nursery") was decorated in an adorable Winnie the Pooh motif, and the other was painted a sort of elephant brown color. (Really. Come see it. Elephant Brown.) Assuming I'd get a roommate who wouldn't want to live in a baby room, I loaded up The Nursery with all my books, sewing machine, guitar, etc., and left the Elephant Brown room empty. But...no roommate appeared. Which really was fine with me. But THEN Skyler showed up and said he'd be my roommate FOR ETERNITY and the prospect of having children to inhabit The Nursery became a real possibility at some point in the near future and it seemed only right to move all the junk in The Nursery into the Elephant Room which is NOW known as "The Office." So I took some time off last week and moved all of that stuff. I also cleaned out half the dresser and threw/gave away lots of clothes and other things I don't need. {More than ten bags, to be more precise...}
The point of ALL of this is that, 1) We have an Elephant Room, and 2) in cleaning out The Nursery, I found a box of stuff I've been hauling from house to house for nearly 10 years that is just...crazy. What IS this stuff and WHY do I still have it?! Let me prove the crazy to you:
Glass dolphin, red brick from Nauvoo, a Tiki God statuette, a COW, a praying woman statue, and--my favorite--an Indian head carved out of piece of pine. All in one box. I HAVE NO EXPLANATION.
Yesterday I spent a good hour or two updating the JSD Social Studies webpage. Its one of my many duties at the office and luckily we're low-key peeps in the department and we don't update all that often. This time 'round Pam wanted me to add my contact info to the page and, while doing that, I realized that if anybody had a prob with the webpage it would be nice for them to let me know so I could fix it. So...they'd need to know to contact ME. So I added "Webmaster" next to my regular title of TAH Coordinator. And then I had to have a good laugh, because me being a webmaster is fairly RIDICULOUS. (Bahahaha!!!)
I'm likely switching gyms for the first time in 12 years. This...is...HUGE. Also huge is the savings from $316/year to $320/two years. Let's just hope I like New Gym when I pop in for a trial visit later this week. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Friday. Who knows? I just know Gym Visits are an integral part of who I am, so I need a gym.
Penny Quote of the Day: "I just run 'til I'm hungry, and then stop for a Bear Claw."
A final VERY exciting and MOST IMPORTANT of events--Little Bro' is HOME!!!! He left Cali on a jet plane and came back to see us after two years--TWO YEARS!!--away. We are superbly super glad he's back and so proud of him in his missionary service. The Roseville, CA Mission will miss him, I'm sure, and he will miss them. But...he's back! And as random and crazy as ever, I assure you. We picked him up this morning and spent the day chillin' at home, shopping for new clothes (he didn't fit...much of anything), and trying to endure the ever-increasing decibel level at home with numerous niece/nephews, movies, and talk talk talk! All in all--GREAT DAY!!



4 comments:
Dear Webmaster-
A few comments for you...
-I recently had the SAME experience with the random stuff box! It included a lovely sea shell, a sand-filled lizard, a very scary angel figurine and some awesome snowflake earrings that I plan to keep.
-No wonder you weren't at work today. (I just spelled the word "wonder" as "oneder." The oneders?) I feel like your brother just left on his mission!
-3 weeks!!!!!!!
So excited for you! I love reading your blog!
So Congratulations! I saw your wedding invitation on my parent's fridge and I'm so excited for you! Good luck the next few weeks!!
Yay for your brother coming home! I'm anxiously awaiting a similar day...but that won't occur for a while. And that's okay. Also-good job on cleaning out and organizing the condo.
Post a Comment