Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye Summer

Summer break is over. I had to report back to work today for policy meetings and other boring, boring, BORING types of things. It’s a tad depressing to be back at it, but there’s nothing to be done. This summer was really fun, but also really busy. In the midst of that fun busy-ness, I was able to check two more things off my list.

I visited a number of awesome historical sites while on vacation in New York City. Check #20 off the list! I spent an afternoon with Jake G. and he showed me around the Financial District in Lower Manhattan. Specifically, we went to Trinity Church, Wall Street, and Federal Hall. I loved Federal Hall. It was here that George Washington was sworn in as the first US President. Pretty darn nifty. Let me also note that after our sightseeing we ate at a really yummy Afghan restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen. Delight!

I also had a chance to go camping (#3)—twice! Two weekends in a row, I went on an overnight camp of some sort. The first was with my ward at Lava Hot Springs in Idaho, and the second was with the fam at Lilly Lake Campground in the Uintah National Forest. I loved it. This last weekend’s family trip was practically perfect. We caught lots of fish (and I gutted & cleaned some of them myself!), roasted hotdogs and S’mores, slept cozy in sleeping bags, and had a tasty breakfast in the clean mountain air. I really just love camping, and its been too many summers since I’ve been able to go.

In reviewing the 27 in my 27th List, I must admit I'm growing slightly concerned. You see, yesterday was my Half Birthday--we are six months into this "List" experiment and less than six months now remain to accomplish what is left. To be fair, I think I'm doing a mighty fine job thus far. But I can't help but worry about a few of the remaining goals--most notably #12 Enjoy a mutually desirable kiss. I express concern here because, quite frankly, I'm not sure where that's going to be coming from anytime soon. Most of my waking hours are spent in the society of pre-pubescent humanoids...so its doubtful I'll meet somebody in my daily social circles.

But here's where you, the reader, can come in! This is not a booty call or a want ad for a hook-up. Rather, I'm in the market for a fine young man who'd be interested in going out. The hope would be that one date could turn into two or three, and eventually #12 would get the old Heave Ho--follow? I'm going to assume most of you know how to contact me in the traditional ways, so if you've got a real prospect to help me out...let me know.

10 down, 17 to go! (And a number of things in process...)

4 comments:

Anna said...

I'm still on the lookout for a set up for you. The guy Joe and i mentioned isn't going to work out but i have another one in mind. We asked him if he was up for a set up. He said yes but then he started dating someone. I'll keep tabs on it, if they break up we'll give you a call :)

Arianne said...

So, I just read the book New York by Edward Rutherfurd--so good! And, there is a lot about Trinity Church and Federal Hall...anyway, you'd probably like it.

I'll be thinking if I know anyone for #12...

*Aliese* said...

We have a friend who lives in Provo...he's a student at UVU. Let me know if you want to be set up! He's SUPER sweet (very Brain-trusty), an RM, tall, AMAZING at woodworking (he built us a cedar chest for our wedding), etc. If you're interested, e-mail/send me a Facebook message and we can set something up.

Andrea said...

I have lots and lots of possibilities, but you'd have to come to England. (This might just be a ploy to get you to visit me, but you'll have to come to find out.)

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com