Monday, September 7, 2009

Walking on Salt is like Walking on Snow

Happy Day Off! While the rest of the nation was celebrating Labor Day, a few fine people were celebrating Erin's birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERIN!

In honor of this happy day, we ventured out to that famous artistic landmark--the Spiral Jetty. For those of you unfamiliar with this Utah landmark, I suggest you click here and read a little more. It looks like this:
The road to the Jetty was long and perilous...but we survived. Once at the site, we took some time to walk out on to the sculpture itself, and even ventured beyond it onto the salty sand. And that's when I discovered...walking on salt feels like, sounds like and even looks like walking on snow. Totally awesome. Totally cool.

And now...a few more pics from the day.The happy crew (including Marnie who you can't see due to my giant hair) headed toward the Jetty. We didn't look so chipper on the way back because we were hungry and tired.
Look closely and you can find Marnie--running all over Rozel Point to get better pictures than us lazy sandal-wearers down below cared to make the effort for. Okay, so maybe it does just look like sand, or even rock, in the picture. But trust me--its like snow! And that's my foot...on the snowy sand-salt of the Great Salt Lake!
Another fun adventure with the Roommates! And look--my hair's waving too!

Happy Birthday, Erin--here's to an amazing 27th year!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I've wanted to do this for a while. Now I think I'll have to.

I haven't seen you in forever, we need to get together soon and see a movie or play or something.I'm going out of town for a week starting Saturday, maybe after I get back?

Erin said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad that we were able to be roommates!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com