Every spring I make a list of summer goals. These are not goals in the vein of "lose 10 lbs." or "floss every day." These are goals of activities and fun things I want to get done. I have never been able to cross everything off the list by the end of summer break. But that's okay. I still have a lot of fun in the process.
So far this summer--just over a month into the break--I have...
1. Visited at least one National Park. In fact, I have visited three National Parks and one National Monument this summer. It was fabulous. We hiked in Zion National Park, looked over the north rim of the Grand Canyon, stopped at a few overlooks in Bryce Canyon National Park, and drove through the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. We have some AMAZING country in Utah. No doubt about it.
2.Visited the Hogle Zoo and the Living Planet Aquarium. Both of these visits entailed bringing the lil' nephew along. Spencer (or, "little dude" as he's affectionately known) has been my buddy this summer. We go on adventures and cookies are always involved. The zoo is a "MUST SEE" on my summer list each year and it was a good time, for sure. This summer was my first trip to the Living Planet Aquarium and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a good time!
3. Got Pie Shake at Sammy's in Provo. Elisa and I stopped at Sammy's this week after a baby shower for a friend. I got the strawberry cheesecake shake and it was DE-LISH! They put a whole piece of pie IN the shake? You should go. Now. Find the address here.
4. Temples--I have a number of temples in and around Utah on my list. I want to visit as many as possible. So far I've gone to the St. George Temple and the Salt Lake Temple, and I also went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Hopefully we'll hit at least two or three more by the end of the summer.
5. Bakeries--With almost 10 bakeries on the list, this has been quite the challenge! So far I've had success in 3 of 5 attempts. I can say that Tulie Bakery was nice but I thought overpriced for what it was. Mrs. Backer's Pastry Shop is INCREDIBLE and I plan to go back. And Elizabeth's Bakery and Tea Shop was so charming I can't believe I haven't stopped back there yet. Attempts to visit Smart Cookie and Les Madeleines were thwarted as both shops were/are closed for renovations. *sigh* Don't worry...I'll keep trying.
After tonight I'll be able to cross off "Bees Game" and after this week I can cross off "Teach District Class...Collect $200." I've also registered for the 24th of July 10K so we're well on our way to achieving that one.
Life is good. Happy Summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey! There's a Smart Cookie that opened up here in Sandy, right next to the movie theatre! We could do both! (I must call or text you and get you on my calendar, obviously.)
I had to do a little intervention for myself over Backer's Bakery... I still dream about the cinnamon rolls and raspberry tarts and various other baked goods and dang, am I now hungry.
Wow...you are busy. Sounds like a fun summer.
Post a Comment