Wednesday, April 1, 2009

On My Mind

I worked at Jamba Juice for two summers during college as a Blend Specialist. The second summer our boss allowed us one free smoothie per shift. My favorite wasn't on the menu. I'd just take the Peach Pleasure and instead of peaches and bananas, I'd add peaches, strawberries and mango. DELISH! So imagine my excitement when Jamba added the Peach Perfection to their menu--just like the one I created. Woot! I truly enjoy the Peach Perfection smoothie, and I've been drinking a lot of Jamba lately so I've been thinking about it. Oh so good! But on cold spring days/nights...smoothies just aren't as good. They chill me inside and out and I have the hardest time getting warm. Bring on the spring so I can drink more Jamba!

Speaking of being cold and the late arrival of spring, I'm sick of Utah's supposed "spring" weather. Its snowing outside. Happy April. The forecast is for more snow on Friday as well. I hate snow--a fact I think I have documented well over the past year or so on this Blog. SERIOUSLY. But things are looking up--I am assuming the weather will be near perfect next week. I have an almost fail-safe way of calling such things. Consider if you will...

My roommates and I take weekly turns parking in the garage. Every three weeks, I get to put Blueberry in the warm comfort of the garage each night. The two weeks I park on the street are almost guaranteed to be cold, snowy, rainy, windy nastiness. The minute Blueberry is inside the garage, the weather will clear up. Thus we see that every three weeks, the weather will be beautiful. Its a bittersweet system, but there you go. Enjoy the warm sunny weather next week--brought to you by Blueberry, my garage, and the letter F.

Finally, here's a shout out to my amazing students who continue to amuse me, challenge me, and make me happy {almost} every day. Though I fervently hope they never come across this Blog and connect it to me, I have no problem with the Internet community at large to know that I think my kids are pretty keen.

4 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I love Jambas! Your creation sounds divine; I've always been a Berry Lime Sublime fan, myself. I wish we had one here so I could eat them constantly. Alas, I have to create them for myself! If you feel as though an escape to nice weather is needed, you're MORE THAN WELCOME to our spare room; bring a friend!

Arianne said...

I like the "I've been eating a lot of Jamba lately" cause it made me think of your multiple dates to Jamba. It's all the rage!

Erin said...

FYI- Lori and I just watched the weather, next week is supposed to be bad.

And I love Arianne's comment about Jamba:)

RSP said...

I am seriously going to Jamba to try it today! Peach Pleasure is one of my staples, but how can you beat perfection?

Spring is my least favorite season thanks to growing up in Utah. It can never make up it's mind. I feel your pain from the sunshine of Arizona.

Oh, and if I ever get famous and need and entourage, you are on as my Blend Specialist!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com