Friday, August 1, 2008

Why I Love New York

Wednesday I saw two Broadway shows--a matinee of Xanadu and the evening performance of The 39 Steps. Xanadu is so absurd I couldn't help but laugh my way through it. Absolutely FUN. Everyone should go see it. One viewing and now I want to open a Roller Disco and talk with a bad Australian accent. As to The 39 Steps--BRILLIANT. If you get the chance, go see it. BRILLIANT. Really. Oh, and I got rush tickets to see 39 Steps, which means it cost me $26 for orchestra seats. Woot Woot! I love Broadway.

Yesterday I tried falafel for the first time. Not gonna lie--I'm a fan! We ate at Mendy's Kosher Deli in Rockefeller Center. Delish! I'm hoping I can find good falafel somewhere in Salt Lake when I get home. Anyone have an idea on that? (Oh and thanks Daniel for putting lunch on your expense account!)

Rockefeller Center hosts a Farmer's Market a couple days a week, and we stopped there as well. I bought some delicious apple cider donuts and some fresh squeezed apple juice that was SO sweet it should have been illegal. I loved it! Mariah bought a small peach/raspberry pie for us to consume later. She carried it all over the city with us, and its presence caused us to be turned away from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That's right folks--we were going to go to the Met but couldn't because of PIE. What did they think we were going to do with it? Open it up and smear it all over a Vemeer? I mean really...

I also love walking through, and sitting in, Central Park. We got some photos by the Alice in Wonderland statue, and watched the model boats on the pond for a while. I love the Shakespeare Gardens and it was super fun to sit in Belvedere Castle and hear "Hair" being put on at the pavilion just over the way. And fireflies! They have fireflies in Central Park. So lovely...

Today we're headed to the East Village to sing songs from Rent and eat Mac 'n Cheese. Woohoo! I've got 1 1/2 more days here. Let's make 'em memorable.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I loved Central Park! I know every spot in the park you are talking about. It's so much more fun to reminisce when you've actually been there! Yay for pie...and NYC in general!

Derek and Jamie said...

I love those Farmer Markets! We shop there every week, they have the best produce...and actually, the cheapest!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com