I firmly believe we have no control over who we crush on. I mean, we can do our best to avoid certain pitfalls, but its not foolproof by any means. If you're going to fall, you're going to fall. Most times, this sort of behavior is rather inconsequential and a harmless game we get to engage in time and again in life. But as fun as having a crush may be, sometimes it just makes you feel dumb. Or embarrassed. Let's face it--crushes can be frustrating!
People you shouldn't crush on:
- Married People
- Minors (Jail bait!)
- Inanimate objects
- Your best friend's boyfriend/girlfriend
- Criminals
So what do you do if you find yourself falling for a person who fits into one of the above named categories? I DON'T KNOW. I don't know what to do to combat the insidious curse of The Crush cycle. They just happen!
I do know you probably shouldn't keep spending time with the person. And you shouldn't keep looking for opportunity to Email them or call them or text message them. And you shouldn't keep fantasizing about making out with them. And you shouldn't continue to punish yourself every day by imagining that tomorrow they'll finally wake up and realize that YOU are the perfect person for them. But isn't that the problem right there?!
You keep text messaging them, and spending time with them, and Emailing them, and putting yourself through Hell over and over again for them, because one day...it might happen. One day they might realize that you are beautiful. And you do make them laugh. And you do have a good head on your shoulders. And they have always loved you. And you are the kind of person they want to be with now, and maybe forever.
It is a cycle of doom. A vicious, vicious cycle of doom.

8 comments:
this is very funny. and made me wonder what inspired you to write such a post. lol.
Well I'll tell ya, I can't count the number of times my crushes on inanimate objects have ended in disaster. Definitely one to avoid.
Have you been hanging out with Mariah? Opps, was that out loud?
I was told once to look at the word crush- and it's true it seems like a negative word- when you crush something it usually doesn't make that thing very happy. But crushes do lead somewhere sometimes, so people keep on crushin'
We'll have to talk.
I want you to quit having a crush on my boyfriend.
I ended up married to my sunday crush... and it took him months to figure out how amazing I am. Hang in there, there's always hope.
This is awesome!! Just the other night Ash and I were tyring to convince Annelisa there's a difference between "Crushing" on a person and just being "in to" a person.. your post definitely defines the "CRUSH" to the T. Now, how can I explain "In to?" I'm thinking its more casual...trying not to let the guy get to you, not getting flustered when he hugs you on the off-guard, trying not to let your face turn red when someone mentions his name...its kinda like denying a crush, not wanting the crush, but wanting to become better friends with him, specifically him, but not letting the crush monster tie you up in its slimy crush tenticles. Does that make sense to anyone besides me?
Hey Bud...
I found your post too good and true. Totally agree on your crush part... they just happen any time... on anyone and you dont realise till you start doing exactly the things you have mentioned - finding innovative ways to mail/text/talk etc.
Have a feeling a well experienced person has put all this down... but hats off - you've hit bang on target...
Post a Comment