Monday, June 6, 2011

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Yesterday evening I was in the middle of creating a Blog post about my little container garden. Its a lovely garden and I'm sure my one or two readers will be delighted to hear I intend to finish that post sometime soon and get it up on the Blog. Basil is such an exciting subject!

I didn't finish reporting on my basil-growing exploits because I got Engaged.

Are you surprised? So was I! I should note that Skyler and I had discussed marriage and had, in fact, agreed it was a pretty awesome idea we were both in favor of pursuing--preferably together. However, I was not expecting him to get down on one knee Sunday night in my living room, put a ring on my finger, and ask me to marry him! It was a mighty pleasant surprise, and I haven't really stopped smiling since. What can I say? I'm happy, I'm in love, and I'm so excited about the future!

So mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen. This new adventure will be taking off on September 17th, 2011! And yes--there will be cake.


*This does mean I will no longer be eligible to host the annual Chastity Party but sacrifices do have to be made on occasion.*

13 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Yay for September 17! "That's quick..." "You have no idea..." I bet you could name that film if you thought really hard about it. ;) I'm so excited for you, friend!

Anna said...

I know i posted already on facebook --- but a big fat congrats AGAIN! Can't wait to see the ring in person and hopefully meet the man himself this summer.

Melissa robison said...

I submit that you both hold off so you can still host the chastity party... WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING... you go get some girl! He is quite the lucky fella for sure!!!

Charisse Baxter said...

I am so sad... for the attendees of the Chastity Party! (Maybe you can email somebody a couple of awesome desert recipes and they can toast your good fortune with AND drown their sorrows in chocolate.) CONGRATULATIONS!

j. said...

chastity be damned--it's the year of the cake plate!!! CONGRATULATIONS TARA & SKYLER!!

Brooke said...

If you can live with everyone's lack of chastity on your soul for the rest of your life... Just kidding! That is super super super exciting! I am so happy for the both of you!

Arianne said...

I'm looking forward the insights about basil...
YAY for getting married!

Nikki said...

Wahoo!! that's really all there is to say...per Bryan, "Wahoo!" I think it's pretty awesome too :)

Emily Richards said...

I will not lie- I got a little tear in my eye reading this. I am SO excited for you!! So so so!!!

Screaming Grasshopper said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations girl!! ♥

Emily said...

Ohhh! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you and the mister:) Have fun planning... :)

Unknown said...

Pure Awesome. :)

painty (Melinda) said...

I am so excited for you! He sounds super nice. I suppose you could have a fidelity party?

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com