Episode 6 in this series brings us the one we have all been waiting for. I know I've been waiting for a lot more years than I was expecting. But trust me--he was "Absotively Posolutely!" worth the wait. I Love Him--with capitalization for emphasis on the truthfulness of that statement. Of all my favorites, he's definitely The Favorite and that's really the way it should be.Are you lost? Do you know who we're talking about? I hope so!! We're talking about my Favorite fave, my couch companion, my significant other, my crepe-making comrade, my numero uno, my gentleman caller, my eating alter-ego, my fiancee, and my best friend. Some people might even call him Skyler. (I usually do.)
We met when I moved into a new ward in WJ. He was the stellar Exec. Secretary and I was...well, I was me. But I guess that was enough! We got to know each other as ward friends for nearly a year before he finally (FINALLY) asked me out. And more than a month passed before anything else happened after that. (Sheesh.) However, what followed was a fateful weeknight involving a little chutzpah, a bit of Facebook chat, and a lot of divine timing. And the rest--as they say--is history.
Worst Thing: He is SOOOO busy that we never seem to have enough time to play.
Where are you from?
I am happy to say I am from W.J., Utah.
What do you do for a living?
For the moment I am a Quality Assurance technician at the LDS church office building in R. I test software that manages the Church's temporal affairs and resources. I enjoy that for the moment but I am working on a degree in computer engineering at the University of Utah so that I can one day say that I design computer architecture for a living.
What is your favorite comfort food?
When I lived in France, it was bread with Crema Duo spread on it (Crema Duo is basically hazel-nut butter mixed with vanilla frosting). Otherwise, I love a good Steak and Egg burrito from Del Taco when I am stressed out. Dunford Chocolate Donuts will always make me happy regardless of how I am feeling.
What color is your bedspread?
I have brown sheets, and a white electric blanket that is hidden by a large dark blue comforter.
What book/movie has had a major impact on you?
The Book of Mormon. It continues to give me peace, reassurance and a desire to become a better person. I could expound but it would take awhile so for those of you who are reading this blog and have never read The Book of Mormon, I invite you to do so.
What is your favorite word?
Ecureuil - it means squirrel in French (it sounds much different than how it is read by the average anglaphone [that is french for someone who speaks English]).
[Editor's note: Sky is a grammar fanatic. Its bizarre. Speak carefully in his presence...]
What is your best color?
Well, my favorite colors are dark blue and black but I am told that I look good in green or brown by people whose opinions mean something to me.
What is your favorite restaurant?
That is a tough one, but I really enjoy Tepanyaki and I would probably say Olive Garden is one of my favorites. The food there is great, not to mention that the beginning of something amazing happened there...
What is one material possession you couldn't live without?
My acoustic guitar.
Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
I am told that the Disney character whose personality I resemble most is Little John from Robin Hood. Ironically, (or I guess not ironically?) the name somewhat suits me since my first name is really John and I am only 5 foot 7 inches.
Why do you think I like you so much?
Well... I am one of the few people (if not the only person) who has brought you both flowers and red velvet cake at the same time (two separate occasions). I not only wrote you a song but I had enough courage to actually play it for you. I am cheesy yet sincere. I am a nerd but smooth. I am ridiculous. I love to eat good food with you AND talk about it. I give you free massages on a daily basis. I like to spend time with you and your family. I gave you a ring. Finally, I can give you over a hundred reasons why I love YOU.
What is the best compliment you could receive?
"Skyler, you always make me smile." or "Skyler, I trust you." or "Skyler, I am a better person because I know you."
What is your favorite memory we have shared?
I have idea. Pizookie. Actually there are so many. One of my favorites for sure was Valentines Day with me struggling to cook you a meal (at least the cake wasn't homemade) then we danced in your apartment...
What three words would best describe you?
I love Tara.
[Awwwwwwwww!!]

*The fact that he took some of his precious time to actually answer these silly questions is pretty darn awesome. He has a habit of doing things that make me happy, I guess.
What do you do for a living?
For the moment I am a Quality Assurance technician at the LDS church office building in R. I test software that manages the Church's temporal affairs and resources. I enjoy that for the moment but I am working on a degree in computer engineering at the University of Utah so that I can one day say that I design computer architecture for a living.
What is your favorite comfort food?
When I lived in France, it was bread with Crema Duo spread on it (Crema Duo is basically hazel-nut butter mixed with vanilla frosting). Otherwise, I love a good Steak and Egg burrito from Del Taco when I am stressed out. Dunford Chocolate Donuts will always make me happy regardless of how I am feeling.
What color is your bedspread?
I have brown sheets, and a white electric blanket that is hidden by a large dark blue comforter.
What book/movie has had a major impact on you?
The Book of Mormon. It continues to give me peace, reassurance and a desire to become a better person. I could expound but it would take awhile so for those of you who are reading this blog and have never read The Book of Mormon, I invite you to do so.
What is your favorite word?
Ecureuil - it means squirrel in French (it sounds much different than how it is read by the average anglaphone [that is french for someone who speaks English]).
[Editor's note: Sky is a grammar fanatic. Its bizarre. Speak carefully in his presence...]
What is your best color?
Well, my favorite colors are dark blue and black but I am told that I look good in green or brown by people whose opinions mean something to me.
What is your favorite restaurant?
That is a tough one, but I really enjoy Tepanyaki and I would probably say Olive Garden is one of my favorites. The food there is great, not to mention that the beginning of something amazing happened there...
What is one material possession you couldn't live without?
My acoustic guitar.
Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
I am told that the Disney character whose personality I resemble most is Little John from Robin Hood. Ironically, (or I guess not ironically?) the name somewhat suits me since my first name is really John and I am only 5 foot 7 inches.
Why do you think I like you so much?
Well... I am one of the few people (if not the only person) who has brought you both flowers and red velvet cake at the same time (two separate occasions). I not only wrote you a song but I had enough courage to actually play it for you. I am cheesy yet sincere. I am a nerd but smooth. I am ridiculous. I love to eat good food with you AND talk about it. I give you free massages on a daily basis. I like to spend time with you and your family. I gave you a ring. Finally, I can give you over a hundred reasons why I love YOU.
What is the best compliment you could receive?
"Skyler, you always make me smile." or "Skyler, I trust you." or "Skyler, I am a better person because I know you."
What is your favorite memory we have shared?
I have idea. Pizookie. Actually there are so many. One of my favorites for sure was Valentines Day with me struggling to cook you a meal (at least the cake wasn't homemade) then we danced in your apartment...
What three words would best describe you?
I love Tara.
[Awwwwwwwww!!]

7 comments:
Hooray!
I am kind of really freaking happy for you. I mean...really. This is adorable.
I love this. Such a great episode of Meet My Faves!
HOLY CRAP!!!! He's a keeper!
Nice. Keep him around.
Love this! I'm impressed that he answered all the questions. What a man!
i just love it. and yes, we shall now have Dunford doughnuts at your shower!
Post a Comment