Remember how I was interrupted in the writing of this Blog by getting engaged? Yeah, that was awesome. But...I'm finally getting around to telling you about my garden like I promised.
Last year was something of a bust in the gardening department, but I feel a bit more prepared this year. See, there was an awesome article on Container Gardening in the Ensign a few months ago and I've done a bit more research. I'm feeling more confident of an actual harvest.
My garden is two-fold. Part one lives in my windowsill and is made up of herbs and a "Mystery" plant of the year. It might be flowers? It might be herbs? No idea. I'll let you know when it really starts blooming. If a tree appears I think we'll need to transplant. The other part is larger and lives on the patio. Two lovely containers with a large Early Girl Tomato plant, and another, smaller cherry tomato plant.
Happy Tomatoes Basking in the Sun!I'm watering. I'm giving them the chance to bask in the sunshine. I even bring them in off the patio if the wind gets going too crazy. I'm a nice steward to these plants. So will they repay me? Let's hope. I've already got meals planned around the herbs and plants if they offer a real harvest: pesto with the basil, bbq chicken pizza with the cilantro, and lots of crisp summer salads, hamburgers, fresh salsa and other delights with the tomatoes. Doesn't it just make your mouth water?!
So what are you growing in your garden?


1 comments:
We grow tomatoes, basil, cilantro, various types of peppers, squash, and zucchini.
Post a Comment