I should note that this week is my first Spring Break of the year. Since I have to take a bunch of time off work before June I took the U's Spring Break off. I'll also be enjoying the district's Spring Break next month. Charmed life? I think so.
Tuesday was a most excellent day in many ways. I did some service, had a nice workout, and enjoyed a fun lunch with Julie. I also got a chance to do a session at the Jordan River Temple in the afternoon. AND the weather was so nice in the evening that Skyler and I went for a little jaunt. Loverly.
Wednesday started with a great workout at the park (4 miles in 38 minutes!) followed by an all day adventure with Wallpaper Stripping. Its not like a California Adventure, but...yeah. Can't finish that. Its really not that fun and attempting to compare hours of scraping old paste and nasty paper off a wall to the brilliance of a Disney Themepark is sacrilege. But we finished the walls! And now we're one step closer to having Jon's room ready for him when he returns this summer.
Today I'm attempting to make a BBQ Chicken Pizza, introducing two of my favorite people to The Chocolate, and venturing down south to see Hairspray with Elisa. Yay Thursday!
Conclusion: Taking a week off in the middle of the year and having no major plans beyond "have a good time and relax," definitely fits into the realm of "The Finer Things in Life."
A couple quick notes about food--naturally.
Just in case any of you were considering putting some Girl Scout Cookies into food storage? They hold really well for at least two--if not three--years. I don't actually remember when I purchased this particular box of Thin Mints but they still taste GREAT! Happiness.
And I tried a new flavor of yogurt this morning. I stumbled on a Carrot Cake yogurt from Kroger and thought I'd give it a go for funsies sake. The flavor is actually not too bad. I mean, its not actually a luscious piece of carrot cake topped in several inches of to-die-for cream cheese frosting, but it tasted fine. The appearance of said yogurt, on the other hand, was fairly nasty. The consistency was THICK and the color was something between orange play-doh and fry sauce. YUMMY, right? I'm just really glad I didn't intend to mix anything in to it because I'm pretty sure that would have taken my appetite away almost immediately.
Sheldon Quote o' the Day: "Milk Duds, with their self-deprecating name and remarkably mild flavor, are the most apologetic of the boxed candies."
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I popped a Milk Dud into my mouth right as I read that quote--probably the first Milk Dud I've had in ten years. Synchronicity.
You should know that this blog saved me from pure insanity during the last 6 minutes before lunch. Thank you.
Post a Comment