Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Like Feta

I ran my first 10K of the season this morning. The Rex Lee run in Provo is a great race--good course and proceeds going to a good cause. As a runner, I felt really great. Sometimes you just find your rhythm and running is pure Joy! I finished the 6.2 mile course in 57:39--a new personal best. AWESOME!

Yesterday was a beautiful day. It was the kind of Spring day that reminds you that Winter will in fact end and Summer will arrive. And I finished breakfast five minutes early so...I walked to work. Before anyone gets too impressed, you should know that I can drive to work in about 2 minutes. Walking to work takes about 10 minutes, so I really should be doing it more often. Yesterday's walk TO work was beautiful and the walk HOME from work was even better. I love sunshine!!

Based on my shout-out in the last post to Mr. Sydney Carton, Andrea and I discussed the idea of naming hypothetical children (neither of us have any) after literary figures. I think I'm all for it, though likely as middle names. After all, Sydney is generally seen as a feminine name today and introducing oneself as Samwise Such-and-Such might garner strange looks. Still, I like the general idea.

I made Banana bread today. I replaced half the butter with applesauce and added some chopped pecans. It is DELICIOUS...

I haven't given anything up for Lent in a few years. (No, I am not Catholic, but I really respect the idea of Lent. I think it can be viewed as a Christian practice--and I'm definitely a Christian!) And truthfully I wasn't really planning on it this year. Then on Wednesday morning I saw that a friend was giving up Facebook for Lent, and I really liked the idea. So after giving it some fairly detailed thought, I'm going for it. I signed off Facebook for forty days. And so far I'm doing okay! My hope is that I'll learn I don't NEED to spend time every day online doing my Social Networking. I'd really prefer to network in the real world, after all. That kind of 'social' seems a lot healthier, anyway.

Tangled comes out on DVD/Blue-ray in 17 days. WOOHOO!!

Skyler gave me this balloon on Valentine's Day and it is STILL afloat in my living room nearly a month later. Impressed? You should be. That thing has staying power!

3 comments:

Emily Richards said...

Weird, I was just barely pondering the idea of naming kids after people in books! I wholeheartedly support you.

*Aliese* said...

Did I miss how the title of this post relates to what was actually posted? :) Love the staying power of the balloon! I, too, have a few balloons in my living room, but they're not filled with helium and they've been there since January.

Charisse Baxter said...

I guess I'm OK with the fact that you don't have any hypothetical children. I'm tentatively in favor of it myself, since, hypothetically, you don't have to change diapers... but I'm a big believer in having a hypothetical husband first. Standards, you know.

Can we please have a "Tangled" viewing party when I get home? Pleeeease?

(My word is "torkhare". That could be an interesting middle name, even if it's not very literary. Quick, write something about a character/place called Torkhare! Sci-fi? Children's fantasy?)

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com