Awesome Level = SOARING
I got a new job. I'm still working for Jordan School District, but I will no longer be teaching at my middle school as an 8th Grade US History teacher. Instead I am the Lead Teacher for the Jordan History Academy of Teachers. Its a 3-5 year position, depending on the length of the grant from the US Dept. of Ed. There are loads of perks to the position, including a trip to Boston, an iTouch, a workplace 2 minutes from my house, and the opportunity to work the year-round teacher schedule. Woohoo!!
Awesome Level = HIGH
I have learned to Swing Dance. I finished up my four-week class at DF Studios in Salt Lake last Thursday. It was SOOOOOO much fun! Am I good? I'm sure the answer is no. Am I willing to go out on the dance floor and give it my best? Heck yes I am! And by Thursday night I was feeling a lot better about my ability to actually go to a social swing dance and have a good time. This also checks #19 Take a Class Unrelated to Teaching off my 27 in 27th list. YES!
Awesome Level = ROCKIN'
Saturday night I went to the Sandy Amphitheater with some friends to see a totally rockin' Colors concert. Woohoo!! I first heard Colors when I was in high school. I've seen them in concert at least 4 times, and its always fabulous. Their music's so catchy! It was really fun to look around and see that most of the crowd was people like myself, re-living the glory days of college. Love it!
Awesome Level = SWISS
During Labor Day weekend I ventured to Midway with Greg, Taylor, Maddy, and Jeremiah to visit Swiss Days. Having never been, I was unaware that its basically a big art fair with performers and food abounding. And it was super fun! We ate ginormous scones and pie & ice cream. The guys all bought matching ties, and Maddy and I bought "matching" silverware rings. We saw some amazing Utah hair--including the biggest "bump it" coif I have ever seen. And we had an overall brilliant time--even if none of us came home on the shuttle with a giant metal sculpture.
Awesome Level = Ah-hem, FANTASY-TICAL
Friday night I hit up the Organ Loft with my sister and brother-in-law and a few great friends. The main show was a great Jackie Coogan piece. It was followed by an interesting/odd/artsy experimental film, "Utah Fantasy," featuring time lapse photography. My group of friends chuckled a bit over it. The "patrons" behind us didn't appreciate our amusement. I got "ah-hem"ed. Three times. And it totally made my night. The Carrot Cake Cheesecake I consumed later at the Cheesecake Factory was also a highlight of the evening.
Awesome Level = PRETTY DARN
Last Sunday the family loaded into a 15-passenger van and headed to Logan. My nephew, Charlie, was blessed in Sacrament Meeting. It was really great to see the Logan part of the family. Charlie's adorable!! We had a great luncheon afterward and it was nice to chat and visit with everybody. On the topic of nephews, I rode home next to Lil' Dude. He would NOT let me sleep, and he refused to nap too. *sigh* He's so cute I guess I didn't mind that much, though.
Awesome Level = MYSTERIOUS
Monday night I found myself caught up in the craziness of responding to a Homecoming invitation my little sister received over the weekend. The young man in question made Harry Potter his theme, so we responded in kind. In a whirlwind hour we put on a Poor Man's version of the Harry Potter Puppet Pals (Ours was entitled, "The Mysterious HOMECOMING Ticking Noise"), filmed it, and dropped it at the Homecoming Date's door via "Owl Post." Super cheesy, but so hilarious! Oh, and awesome, of course.

4 comments:
I want to hear more about the job. So exciting it needs its own post!
Huge congrats on the awesome new job!!!! You are amazing.
What a fun past couple of weeks. And congrats on the new job. Let us know when you're coming to Boston- actually so you can show us around this amazing historical city, since you're the history guru and fun and all. :)
Two comments:
1. I saw hair at regional conference that was impressively humongous. I would be shocked if it wasn't a bump-it.
2. Harry Potter homecoming? Could anything be better?
Post a Comment