Monday, September 20, 2010

Meet My Faves: Andrea

Episode 4 of the Meet My Faves series moves into an entirely different part of my world--namely, the part of my world that involves students and textbooks and Elvis-impersonator assemblies. I met Andrea at the middle school where we worked. Seeing as we're both Sassy Single Social Studies afficionados, its no surprise we hit it off so quickly. Coworkers and students regularly mixed us up, and I think its just a good representation of what good friends we were meant to be.

I love that Andrea is hilarious--first and foremost. She's a total gem with a wannabe Bad-Girl side who I can always count on to try out tasty restaurants, tell an amazing story, and be a truly golden travel companion. Whether its an online chat, an evening over pizza, or an entire vacation in San Francisco, time with Andrea is always terrific. Since her departure from our workplace--and the country!--I have missed her pretty much every day.

Best Thing: She always makes me laugh, and she laughs at my stories too. We often do this while eating. Is that too many "best" things?
Worst Thing: She lives in England. Makes it difficult to socialize other than the regular Gchats.

Where are you from?
Well, I was born in Georgia, grew up in Salt Lake, and now live in England.

What do you do for a living?
I am currently a grad student so I'm spending money instead of making it. Before that, I was a history teacher. Chances are, I will return to that profession at some point.

What is your favorite comfort food?
Such a good question. I think it depends on what type of comfort I'm craving. If it's recovering from boy-induced heartache, I like just about anything that is not healthy. If it's something to do with being together with my family, it's hard to beat fresh baked bread with homemade jam.

What color is your bedspread?
The one I have now is white with maroon-ish flowers and beige leaves. I didn't choose it and it was a free hand me down, so beggars can't be choosers, right?

What book/movie has had a major impact on you?
Another excellent and difficult question. Book-wise I would have to say all of Chaim Potok's books (The Chosen, My Name is Asher Lev, etc.) have made a significant impact on me. I'm sure there are so many more. I think every book I have read has contributed a little to who I have become, whether for good or bad, I don't know. Movie-wise I remember being powerfully moved by Glory in 8th grade, to the point of sobbing in front of my entire class, and Saving Private Ryan.

What is your favorite word?
I've recently developed an attachment to the word 'penultimate.' I never use it, but I think it's fantastic.

What is your best color?
To wear, anything in the blue family

What is your favorite restaurant?
I don't have a favorite restaurant, but I have favorite dishes at a number of restaurants. I guess if I had to choose just one, though, I'd choose a little Thai restaurant called the Mekong Cafe. Everything there is delicious.

What is one material possession you couldn't live without?
Money

Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
Physically: Alice in Wonderland; Personality-ly: Carl, the old guy on 'Up'

Why do you think I like you so much?
Because I'm hilarious and I think you're amazing.

What is the best compliment you could receive?
I always like to be told that I'm funny, but I think being recognized as being Christlike would be pretty good too.

What is your favorite memory we have shared?
There are a couple, but walking from San Francisco to Sausalito across the Golden Gate Bridge ranks pretty high. Visiting the Grand Canyon in a downpour is right up there, though.
[Editors Note: I thought it would be the time we stumbled into SanFrans Red Light district...]

What 3 words would best describe you?
open for business*

*For the record, this answer made me laugh out loud in the middle of a silent room, leading to several awkward looks from other people.

2 comments:

Emily Richards said...

Man, Andrea really is super cool. She should come back and replace you (as if anyone really could, but ya know... Andrea would be a good option).

Andrea said...

Wow, she sounds fantastic. I'd like to meet her. I think we'd get along well.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com