Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Break highlights

Made Funfetti Cookies with my nephew and shared them with friends and family.

Spent a lovely afternoon with the Barnett's--eating tasty food at Paradise Bakery & Cafe, shopping at DSW Shoes, and seeing the truly delightful How to Train Your Dragon. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it. Have you seen it yet? Go!

Ran a ten-mile route around South Jordan. It took just over an hour and a half, but I'm not going to lie and say it was easy. Ai-yi-yi...

Enjoyed a lovely hour at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

Watched four wonderful sessions of General Conference with the family. I don't know that I could pick a favorite talk, but I found a lot of good counsel. There is much to be worked on! Onward and upward, right?

Made strawberry jam with my mom and sisters during the Priesthood session Saturday night. I now have 5 pints in my freezer. I hope it lasts until next strawberry season!

Introduced the family to Overnight French Toast. Its such a tasty recipe!

Did a little spring wardrobe shopping. White skirt. Good idea? Bad idea?

Received notification of my acceptance to the Gilder Lehrman Summer Seminar on Reconstruction at Columbia University. I'm so excited!!

SmartCookie. DE-LICIOUS!

Spontaneous viewing of Diary of a Wimpy Kid with j. We agreed that as adults, you can't go to that kind of a movie alone without looking like a creeper.

Watched Anne of Avonlea. Four hours long, and an ending that always makes it worth it.

Finished up my service project for Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Day" program. Woohoo!

Started and completed a sewing project.

Re-read the good parts of Breaking Dawn--note that it didn't take too long.

Watched 3 hours of "The Best of 'I Love the...'" on VH1. Those shows kill me!

Visited with friends over a yummy BBQ meal on Monday night.

Got one step closer to "Going Green." More details to follow...

Slept in one final time before starting back to work this morning.

9 more weeks until Summer Break!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I actually really love a white skirt; I'd say that's a good choice! :)

Julie said...

I have to agree with Aliese. A good white skirt is the perfect thing for spring and summer.

j. said...

there are so many things i love about this post. so many!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com