Recently, I started working as the US History teacher at a local night school for GED candidates. The demographic is entirely different from my usual "kids" at the middle school down the road. This fact was really brought home to me on the first night when I surveyed the students to see what sort of form they'd like to see class take during fourth quarter. One of my new students responded,
"Honestly I just don't care for any class really. I have other interests for my life, this is just to save me from going to jail. Don't tell my Judge I said that."
This is going to be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yikes! I fear for you. But you're strong and brave so I'm sure you'll be fine. :) However, I do feel some pepper spray wouldn't be a bad idea.
wow. that's pretty awesome. good luck. you'll have to share some more stories...I can't wait.
perhaps you could tell him you are only there doing your community service requirement for crimes committed. . . . might strike a note with him!
Post a Comment