Thursday, March 4, 2010

#9 Do Something Entirely New To Me

Snowshoeing.

I have been dying to try out this winter sport for a while now and when the Activities Committee organized a Ward Outing to the Snowbird Nordic Center on Saturday...I knew it was meant to be. The crowd was small, but fun. We strapped on the snowshoes--more complex than the old chairs and string Jake Gyllenhaal uses in The Day After Tomorrow--and headed off to make a loop around Silver Lake. We made it about 200 feet before most of us needed Caryn's help to really strap on the snowshoes. BUT! With that minor hindrance behind us, we pressed on.

The weather was beautiful, the company was entertaining, and the snowshoeing was new and totally fun!

Here I am, obviously thrilled to be sporting my nifty snowshoes:And I've decided that as a bonus to this 27 in my 27th goal, I'm going to try and tackle #9 as many times as I can. So much "NEW" is bound to make life a little more interesting this year.

3 comments:

RSP said...

LOVE that pic of you! Besides the snow part, it sounds like fun! I admire your list of things to accomplish. I'm typically not so lame, but being a rough year I only made one goal- SURVIVE.

*Aliese* said...

That is a FABULOUS new activity. I love snowshoeing. If you ever have a chance to take a night snowshoe excursion--DO IT. Definitely worth it!

Arianne said...

Fun! I hate the cold, but snowshoeing has always intrigued me. Good times.

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com