For the record, my life over the past 4 weeks has been Craziness x 10 and then some. Musical rehearsals came to an end as the show closed, and I immediately dove into other projects--namely moving to a new place and teaching a two-part Praxis Review class to teachers in the district. In between prepping, packing and teaching, I'm trying to finish up other projects and continue to live life and fulfill my day-to-day responsibilities. This is life, right?I have, however, made time for some rather delightful diversions as well. To some degree these diversions have made the rest of life all the crazier, but they're just so fun I can't stop myself!
Friday night was the Stake Musical Cast Party. Good food, fun improv games, delightful chats with friends and a bizarre "encounter" to end the night. Memorable to say the least.
Saturday I was productive. I think I got a little help from The Man Upstairs since I decided to participate in a ward service project in spite of my crazy busy schedule. We got together and raked up leaves in some yards in the area, and ended up meeting a fabulous older man who really appreciated the help. Awesomeness. Oh, and then I ran around packing, cleaning, putting together my new "Big Girl!" bed (sans the spring washers. Hope that's okay...), and racing off to Salt Lake for the evening's adventures.
Saturday night, Greg-orio and I headed downtown to "An Evening wit
h David Sedaris." Mr. Sedaris is one of my favorite authors and I was so excited to hear him speak. And I was not disappointed! After a fabulous dinner at the Vienna Bistro (yummy roladen, spaetzel and even live violin music from Vladimir) we headed over to the Capitol Theater's nosebleed balcony section. Sedaris is hilarious, but not in a stand-up comedian way. His writings and his observations are just so amusing! I loved it. And now I want to re-read all his books. If you haven't heard any of his stuff, I encourage you to listen to his NPR recording "The Santaland Diaries." You'll pee. SO funny.Sunday night I sat in the dark and listened to Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" and got a little bitty bit creeped out. Spooky!
And yesterday I graded a student essay wherein the student wrote "drastically" like this: "Jarasticly." God bless America and our crappy regional accents.

2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm curious about the bizarre encounter...
I don't know why I didn't know that you're watching GLEE. Have we talked about this?!? Have we Gleeked out together, and I just don't remember it?!? Am I on CRACK?!? PS: I have been downloading pretty much all the music. ITunes now owns me, but I can get you anything (Glee-ish) you'd like. Let me know.
Post a Comment