I am a fan of the To Do list. This is a newly acquired thing, but it has made my school year so much better than it was in years past. At the beginning of each week, I make a list of everything I need to accomplish--laundry, bank, update budget, watch Grey's Anatomy, etc. I include even the smallest chore because crossing that off will make me feel accomplished. Seriously. I adore crossing things off. Sometimes I write things down after I've done them so I can immediately cross something off.
I find it almost necessary at this point to write things down because if I don't write it down--I'll forget. I might not forget it forever, but I will probably forget it for a good long while. Its not that I don't have a good memory, because I do. Ask any of my friends. I can explain in detail what I did on Martin Luther King day last year. I remember all the words to my elementary school song. I can remember the name of waiters at restaurants I went to years ago. And that, my dear readers, is the problem. I remember so much stuff (most of it trivial) that I have a hard time getting a grip on the info that is important for the here and now.
For example, I forgot to write down "Blog about Pay it Forward" on my To Do list. Its now been more than a week and I am shirking my duty. I want to cross it off my mental To Do list (or...maybe I'll write it down and cross it off all at the same time...), so here's the deal. Mr. B posted this on his Blog, I "won" and now I'm paying it forward.
The first three people to comment on my Blog will receive some type of handmade Awesomeness from me, on or before December 31, 2009. And you know I've gotten awfully crafty lately so its not going to be some nappy Girls Camp craft of days gone by. The only payment is your promise to keep it going. Make this same offer and let others keep the goodness moving forward. So...who's in?
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I understand the list thing because I am the same way. Unlike you, lately I do have a bad memory.
Thanks again for all your spoiling of little Dude!!
Me! Me! I like making stuff for people, and it'll definitely be DRAMATIC! (It's what I do.)
Yes, I made it! I'm number 3!
Or, maybe I didn't. Dang comment moderation!
am I really #3, lucky me lucky me.
So fun seeing you at your party. I hope you felt celebrated, we had fun.
Post a Comment