Friday night I corrected papers (Zzzzz....) and watched a new Hallmark Hall of Fame movie my sister taped for me. Don't judge! I love those movies--feel good and happy. And this one had Ricki Lake!
Saturday I was so productive it was almost sick: an hour at the gym, a great temple session, lunch and some finishing touches on the school work, before I was off to Charisse's place for our North and South marathon.
Pause for a moment, please. North and South was splendid. I give high marks to a 4-hour movie that can keep my attention for all 240 minutes. I give two enthusiastic thumbs up to any movie starring Richard Armitage. I rate it 4 Stars when a movie is good enough to make me add the book to my Goodreads list the minute I get home. Good times indeed. The cupcakes, scones, sugar cookies, hummus and cheeseball that accompanied the marathon should also be noted because it was all tasty tasty. Even if Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough isn't to be trusted anymore...Sunday was very much "same old, same old" but still a good part of the weekend. Lots of meetings, a discombobulating encounter in the hall before Relief Society, amazing enchiladas with the Hatch family followed by Disney's Robin Hood (one of my favorites), and an evening get-together with friends. And we could stay up late because Monday was a holiday! SLEEP IN!

But alas...'twas not to be. The weekend immediately earned the label "odd" when Lori and I took off for the Emergency Room about 2:00 am with a friend who was sick. She's going to be okay (Thanks for the concern! You guys are all so sweet. I'll tell her you care.), but spending 7 hours awake in the ER in the middle of the night when you should be asleep makes life seem very surreal. If McSteamy had come around the corner at some point I would have just DIED. He didn't.
We got home about 9:00 am. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap and then headed out to meet Mr. B at The Mall for a rockin' shopping spree--there were deals to be had! Two pairs of shoes for $16? I rest my case. We had dinner with mi familia (Mom's tacos are 'da bomb) and then hit up Old Navy before seeing Coraline at the local theaters. My review? Creepy and Disturbing and I definitely liked it. I made it home without major incident and have never been so happy to crawl into bed.
All in all--not too shabby. Weird. Odd. Surreal at times. But overall okay. My only complaint is that we didn't rewind the end of North and South just one more time...

3 comments:
If you had saw McSteamy, you wouldn't have died because he would be able to resuscitate you...possible mouth to mouth...which would have been awesome too.
P to the S...Mom's tacos are FAB!
I work in the hospital and I've still never seen McSteamy. Probably a good thing, though, since I'd never get anything done and I'd piss off my hubby.
I often stop by YouTube just to catch that last scene of North and South. Seriously, it just DOESN'T GET OLD. EVER.
Post a Comment