Thursday, April 7, 2011

Your MOM loves history!

For the past week I've been working 8 hours a day on resource research. As part of our TAH grant, I am putting together archives of resources to give the teachers in our summer academy. The resources range from maps to photographs to political cartoons to picture books and things in between. When they're actually finished, I think you could argue that these archives alone will be worth the three weeks of summer vacation the teachers will be giving up. If you disagree, you're obviously not a teacher.

I'm pretty much a history buru, if you will, and I really adore that I'm getting paid to find snarky journal entries from William Clayton, letters to the editor about bobbed hair, and awesome photographs from Ellis Island. However, it can get tiring. Staring at the computer and reading article after article, for hours on end, to try and find just the right resource...can be frustrating.

And that's why I appreciate the lighthearted approach to history one can often find while trawling the Internet in the spare moments.

Exhibit A--brought to you by xkcd.com:

Because that's just funny, ladies and gentlemen. FUNNY.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Ha! A buru! That was old school, Tara. Nice.

Emily Richards said...

HA!!!! I love it.

Anna said...

I love that web comic. It's awesome.

pammysua said...

This is so you!!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com