Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From the "Me Likey" File

Just before I head out on a 2-week NYC Adventure that I'm sure makes many of you green with envy, let me share a random sampling of things I've been enjoying lately. Feel free to take these as "2 Thumbs WAAAY Up!"-type recommendations, because that's what they're meant to be.

I am happily on the Inception bandwagon, ladies and gentlemen. I saw it opening day--loved every minute of it--and I have every intention of seeing it again in theaters very soon. If you haven't seen it yet, RUN to your nearest theater and get yourself a ticket! Intelligent, ingenious, entertaining, and just an overall fabulous cinematic experience. GO. Now. In fact, its okay if you want to stop reading this post in order to leave immediately for the movie theater. I doubt anything I write below will be as entertaining as Inception, after all.

I'm in favor of riding horses named Nellie. It gives you a very legitimate reason to say "Whoa, Nellie!" for one thing. But if you can't get yourself a horse named Nellie, I'm willing to settle on a recommendation for horseback riding, period. I went recently with mi amiga, Caryn, and her grandpa. We took a trail up by the Alpine Loop and I have to admit--Utah can be lovely! Especially from the back of a horse. This is my favorite picture from the adventure because it perfectly captures how the majority of the picture-taking went: I try to pose while my horse has a different idea entirely.

I'm sort of in love with my new nephew, Charlie. Well, its Charles, but there are all sorts of nicknames already floating around. I used "Chuck" the other day and I can see that sticking. Who knows? What I DO know is that he is Adorable, and I could spend every day cuddling him and not get tired of it. "How is this a recommendation?", you might ask. Well, since 2008 I've been a big proponent of nephews, so I say if you can get one, do it. And if you can't, just look at that pic and be jealous of mine.

If you haven't seen HCT's The Wedding Singer yet, you're running out of time! It closes July 31st. And if you miss it--you should be sorry, because its brilliant. I'd highly recommend the MWF cast, because that's the cast I saw and they were fabulous. And my friend, Derek, is in the lead role MWF and he's just awesome like that. I saw the show as part of the Hale Centre 25th Anniversary BASH (Thanks Charisse!!), and it was a truly fabulous evening. I got to dress up, look sassy, and drink "Sally" Temples...a wonderful night, indeed.

And finally, on these bloody hot summer days (100 degrees, again, Mother Nature? Come on. Take a chill pill.) I'm in love with my blender and the Orange Julius it allows me to make. I adore orange julius, and its the #1 reason I invested in a blender this summer. This frosty treat is so easy to make too, with my mom's recipe. I hope its not a family secret, because here you go:

Mom's Orange Julius Goodness
3/4 c. milk
1 1/4 c. water
6 oz. frozen OJ concentrate
1/2 c. sugar
10-12 ice cubes

Put into blender. BLEND. And enjoy. In fact, enjoy as many as you can as often as you can because its just that good. Plus, I think you deserve it.

0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com