Saturday, January 23, 2010

You Should Try...

...reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. I first heard about this book on B's blog, then a Goodreads friend started reading it, and then my sister started reading it...and I finally got a copy. Absolutely, hands down, best book I've read so far this year. The narrator, Flavia, is hilarious and I laughed out loud on numerous occasions. And the mystery she's in the midst of? Fascinating. Seriously. Give it a try.


...eating one of Oroweat's new Sandwich Thins. These tasty little "buns" are only 100 calories! I used one for a grilled chicken sandwich the other night, and today had a classic PB&J. Stick your filling of choice between the slices and enjoy! Tasty, nutritious, and low-cal. Genius.


...watching The Brothers Bloom. If you like quirky off-beat humor, this movie is for you! I can't say enough how much I love this movie. Thanks to Redbox, my life will never be the same. I have been thinking about this movie, laughing about this movie, and quoting this movie since I watched it. If you think this film is funny, we can probably be friends. "I'm an epileptic photographer."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally waiting to get a copy of "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie." Glad to know you enjoyed it, since we have such similar taste in books.

Becky Knowles said...

I am seriously now planning on how to partake in all three of these things before the end of next week. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions! I sure miss you.

Meredith said...

I just bought some of the "buns" today. Mom always has them and they look so tempting. The book is also quite good...you have me beat though, because I'm a slow reader!

j. said...

thank you for the suggestions. in an effort to be more like you--a new years resolution--i think i will be trying all three.

Arianne said...

I enjoyed the Brothers Bloom. Very fun movie. I will definitely read the book!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com