Monday, December 14, 2009

An Open Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

I hope you don't think I'm too old to be writing you this year. I don't consider myself too old and so I'm putting finger to keyboard and sending this letter along.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I want you to know I have tried to be very good this year. And though there have been a few missteps along the way, I think I've been doing a pretty good job. I'm getting along well with all my siblings and I don't think I've been flat out mean to my students even once. This is good, right?

Therefore--if its not too much trouble--I'd like to ask you for a few things this holiday season. And I know its within your power to make pretty much anything happen because I've seen Miracle on 34th Street at least 10 times and you got that little girl A HOUSE! And I'm not asking for anything that extravagant. I'll just hope and have faith that my few requests might be well received.

First, I would like snow for Christmas. But not so much snow that it keeps my little sister from coming home for Christmas. We really, really want her here. And she wants to be here too. Could you make sure she can come? The snow last year was, in a word, RIDICULOUS. We don't need that much. Ever. A nice dusting of snow, however, would be a magical touch to the holiday.

Second, I would appreciate a more active dating life. I'm not asking for a boyfriend for Christmas--or even a date. I'd just like you to use some of that Christmas magic and perhaps inspire more men to get on the ball...and maybe more of my friends to line me up with available, ambitious young men.

Finally, if its not too much trouble, I'm kind of in love with Fox's Glee. If you could stuff my stocking with the music and Vol. 1 of the first season, I'd be a very happy girl on Christmas morning.

Wishing a very merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tara

P.S. I'll make sure to leave extra-special, super tasty cookies and milk out for you. Fly safe!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

LOVE IT!!

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com